Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Egads.

Do you ever get the feeling that life is trying to tell you something?

I think life is telling me to get busy with this. I'm going to try. We'll see how it goes.

I've given some thought to what this blog might encompass and I think I have found a way to think about it; I'd like it to feel like the conversations I have with my students. It's the one thing I know of that I have a hard time turning off: talking about art and how to learn how to do it.

I recognize that initially most of the readers will be students and former students---they know my voice---but I hope eventually it reaches the people I feel could get the most out of it: people who are interested in learning to draw and paint, but have been scared off by any number of fears. I think I'm going to start there.

Yes, you can learn how to draw and paint. It's not even that hard. It just requires some sustained effort. More on that later.

No comments: